Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A bored toad

Today was a good day to do...well something. But poor Toad couldn't quite put his toe onto what to do. Toad was bored.
"I suppose I could hop over there and sit." But Toad wasn't convinced he felt like hopping there, right then.
"I suppose I could hop over here and sit." But Toad wasn't convinced he felt like hopping here, right then.
"Hmmm, I can hear the marsh flies over that hill." But Toad wasn't convinced he felt hungry right then, and what's the point of hopping over a hill if not to
eat marsh flies. Toad was bored. He sat drumming his toes on a lily pad, he watched as the white lily above wobbled with every toe drop.
"I suppose I need not do a thing right now. It is a good day, I want for nothing." Toad sighed a little toadsigh.
Toad wasn't bored.
Toad was just right, which leaves little to do but sit under a lily and enjoy a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment